Your body language has a two-way connection with the brain.
First, your body language reflects the thoughts and feelings.
Second, your body language influences the messages your brain gets from the environment.
This means that adopting confident body language will make you feel more confident.
Keeping your head still will show confidence. You have to keep your head facing forward. People that aren’t confident tend to keep their chin low, to protect the vulnerable neck.
It is a crucial part of portraying confidence. Eye contact gives the impression that you are truthful and approachable. It makes people feel good around you.
Look people in the eye 70-80 percent of the time.
If you feel uncomfortable, you can look your partner at the eyebrows then gradually move to the full eye contact.
Speaking with confidence will make you more attractive to a woman and command respect to others.
We are subconsciously attracted to people who sound confident. It is an honest indicator and shows that you should follow them.
How to speak with confidence?
Talk more slowly. Speaking quickly can make you appear nervous or insecure. Try to speak in a more relaxed peace.
Eliminate filler words such as: “Uhh”, “Um”, “like”, “I mean”, “You know”, “Ok, so”. These words will make you seem uncertain about what you’re saying.
The tone of voice- Confident people low the pitch when finishing a sentence or a phrase.
Submissive people raise in pitch as soon they finish the sentence. It seems that they are trying too hard to build rapport.
Don’t be quick to respond- A confident man is not afraid to collect his thoughts.
Hands and arms
Keep your palms open because it subconsciously shows to people that we have nothing to hide.
Do not keep your hands on the pocket, crossed arms, or self-hug.
We keep our hands in pockets when we’re nervous, uncomfortable or uncertain.
Keep your hands at your sides relaxed, and use the hands to emphasize points when you are talking to someone.
When you meet someone, you should be the one who initiates the handshake or a hug. Give a firm, neutral handshake, smile and maintain eye contact.
It is a common mistake that we all do from time to time. Sometimes we feel nervous and we shake our hand, pencil, leg.
This gives the message that we are feeling anxious.
Look out the posture as you are reading this article. Are you slumped in your chair with the shoulders hunched? Then you need to sit with the back straight and with the feet flat on the floor.
It is a correct posture and it will also help you prevent back and neck pain.
Ask a family member to notice your posture, and if its bad you can fix it.
How to correct a bad posture?
1. Break the habit of slumping on the chair or using the laptop while you are in bed.
2. When using a computer for an hour, take a short break to make some stretches.
3. Dead-lifts-This exercise will make the back muscles strong.
Walk with confidence
Walking with confidence will help you maintain a correct posture, grab attention from others and feel better about yourself.
How to walk down the street that makes people think: “He is confident”.
1. Do not look down. It shows that you are feeling bad and that you have low self-esteem.
2. Pull your shoulders back. If you look down and walk with your shoulder in front, you’ll seem boring or in a bad mood even if you aren’t. However, if you pull your shoulders back, and prop up your chest just a little bit, you’ll look great.
3. Hands- Let your arms move with your body.
4. Upper torso- As you move let the upper torso and your shoulders move a little bit. At first, you will move in an exaggerated way, but as you practice it will become more natural.
5. Walk slowly- You may have noticed that confident people whether in movies or real life walk a little more slowly than others. It gives the impression that they’re in control and important.
Conclusion: Showing confident body language will help you feel more confident and communicate effectively.